From “Worst Team”, Politics, failure, foul, until Spying, The world cup is full of intrigue that left us speechless. Here is the best eight, Buzzers should know happened during World Cup!!
1. Russia makes a perfect start versus Saudi Arabia with a score 5-0 even though labeled as the “worst Russian team” by Andrei Kanchelskis and expected to “doomed to fail” by Moscow Times.
2. Politics apparently interfere with the spirit of the game after Nike announced it will not supply to Iranian players their favorite shoes due to Global economic sanctions against Asian country under Trump policy. The Iranian players then need to change their shoes in the last minutes.
3. The crowd is heartbroken after Lionel Messi missed a penalty that could make Argentina win over Iceland and bring Argentina on top of group D.
4. Nigerian player, Oghenekaro Etebo, brought a victory for Croatia after his head knocked the ball into his team’s own net.
5. Neymar’s Ugly hair …that makes everyone mumbled !! Reminds us of Justin Timberlake loonnnggg ago…
6. Neymar was fouled 10 times by Switzerland. It’s the highest since France 1998, a match between England Vs Tunisia. Alan Shearer from England was fouled 11 times by Tunisia.
7. The Swedes send a scout to set up high-end a house in mountains which near the South Korean training base in Austria. The scout will spy South Korean’s training sessions through a high-end telescope and video camera.
8. A mind game strategy made by South Korean Couch, Shin Tae Yareg, to tackle the spying. He switched the players’ jersey because there is a spy from Swedes. He said that it needs to be done to confuse the Swede since Westerners are very difficult to distinguish Asian faces.