Besides the fact that many people were captivated by her presence. Cleopatra was the most intelligent and the most courageous woman in her time. She ruled Egypt in the most passionate way… even though she’s not an Egyptian herself. Well, here is the 8 Facts of Cleopatra you probably missed out.
1. She was a descendant of a Ptolemaic ruler who was a Macedonian Greek. It means she’s actually not an Egyptian.
Photo by Instagram @etaylorforever
2. Her Native language is Koine Greek.
Photo by Instagram @egyptscoop
3. She was the first Ptolemaic ruler who learned Egyptian language, including reading hieroglyph.
Credit: Photo by Instagram @shawnkassian
4. The name of Cleopatra is from Greek “kleo” and “pater” meaning “Glory of her Father”.
Credit: Photo by Instagram @george_stanculescu
5. She was also a Polyglot. Besides, Egypt she was able to speak in several languages such as Latin, Aramaic, Arabic, Syriac, Median, Parthian, Troglodyte, and Ethiopian. She really knew the Art of Communication to gain her needs.
Credit: Photo by Instagram @theleenashah
6. She practiced incest and married with her own siblings. This is a normal thing in Ptolemaic dynasty.
Credit: Photo by Instagram @alexchasingdream
7. Cleopatra and Caesar have a child named Caesarion or “Pharaoh Caesar”.
Credit: Photo by Instagram @krystyna_jay
8. With Mark Anthony Cleopatra gave birth to twins, Alexander Helios (Sun) and Cleopatra Selene (Moon).
Credit: Photo by Instagram @scentopia_